The tour of the Chapel is an expression used by Croisiens and Croisiennes for several generations. This round was the subject of a race during the traditional July 14 games.
This tour started from rue d’Ault, heading towards rue du Château d’Eau, then rue de l’Eglise and finally the return via rue de Bas.
Here is the origin…
The parish had no chapel before the Revolution. In memory of a mission given in the parish during the year 1855, the inhabitants of the village erected one at the intersection of rue d’Ault and rue du Château d’Eau, which at the time was still called rue de the Church.
This chapel, dedicated to the Immaculate Conception, was erected on a capacity of approximately four ares. The land was sold by Mr. Martial-Antoine de Saint-Germain to the church factory.
Gothic in style, it was built of bricks and stones. Intended to be a goal of pilgrimage and devotion at the same time as a place of station for the processions, in particular the solemn procession of the day of the feast of the Rosary, which is the patronal feast of a brotherhood established in the parish. According to the archives, this chapel does not seem to have attracted a considerable number of faithful.
It was solemnly blessed by Father Demay, pastor-dean of Ault.